Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

bibi's back!

i got a job.  i got a job on the spot, at the exact job that i wanted.  this was the 88th job that i applied to.  when i started looking at jobs from cairo in june, this was the job that i wanted.  i didn't go back to my old companies, because that felt like i would have come full circle, instead of feeling like i left and my life changed, and now it's moving forward.  but i got desperate at several points.  terrified that i missed my opportunities, and started applying to those old companies. 


it took me 5 months to find a job, and it was the most humbling experience of my life.  i never wish unemployment on any person or couple.  it is seriously debilitating and depressing. 


but it's over!  i called bib after i got the offer, while walking home.  i literally threw my hands in the air and shouted, "NYC, I AM BACK!"


time to go shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment